David started his litigation practice handling all types of matters in construction, business, real estate, intellectual property, and civil law. David has successfully navigated businesses through the difficulties of litigation, thanks to his familiarity with the needs of small business, the legal process, and court procedures.
David Ricks has been also practicing in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death claims, and employment litigation. Through the years, David H. Ricks has handled over 1,500 cases.
“I enjoy being a lawyer. It is a profession that allows me to help others in their time of need. The reason people come to see me is because they have a problem they cannot solve on their own. I look at my position as a problem solver, not a problem creator. I want to leave my clients in a better state than when they came to me. Ultimately, I want my clients to feel that they have received top quality representation and advice, regardless of the outcome.” David H. Ricks
Mr. Ricks began his practice in construction and business litigation with the firm Covington & Crowe, in Ontario, CA. He gained some fame by handling (and winning) an evidentiary hearing the day following his first day as an attorney. Within two years, Mr. Ricks expanded to handle injury-related claims and was head of the personal injury department within three years.
Recognitions and Accomplishments
- 2002: President, Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- 1995 to 2001: Member of the Board, Western San Bernardino County Bar Association; Presenter for “How to Try Your First Civil Case”
- Judge Pro Tem
- Designer of the Pro Per Superior Court arbitration program for Rancho Cucamonga Courts.
- Supreme Court for the State of California
- Admitted to practice law in California State Courts, 1987
- United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California.
- 1987. Juris Doctorate, Brigham Young University, J. Rueben Clark School of Law, Provo, Utah.
- 1984. Bachelor of Science Degree, School of Agriculture, Emphasis in Agribusiness, Brigham Young University.
- 1979-1981 Missionary in Argentina for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Married with four children
- English, Spanish